Saturday 8 September 2018

COPD- Risk for rheumatoid arthritis patients




Recent findings have shown that rheumatoid arthritis can increase the risk of developing chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). It was indicated that more attentiveness is needed to protect the respiratory health of individuals with chronic inflammatory conditions.
Investigation was done to see whether prolonged inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis make individuals susceptible to COPD. A team of researchers examined information on individuals who were diagnosed with rheumatoid arthritis and compared it with information on matched individuals in the general population. The analysis included 22,325 patients with rheumatoid arthritis and 23,196 controls. It was found that the incidence of COPD hospitalization was greater in patients with rheumatoid arthritis than in the general population. After potential confounding adjustment it was seen that rheumatoid arthritis individuals had a 44% greater risk of needing to be hospitalized for COPD than controls. After modelling for smoking and with varying COPD definitions also the increased risk remained significant.
These findings proved to be novel as clinicians treating people with rheumatoid arthritis were unaware that the patients were at high risk of developing COPD.
Clinicians and people living with rheumatoid arthritis should be vigilant in watching for early symptoms of COPD so that it can be diagnosed early and effective treatments can be initiated before any irreversible damage occurs to the lungs. These steps will improve long-term outcomes for patients and reduce the costs of COPD.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing such an informative article, Bipap is Bi level positive airway pressure device . It is used to maintain constant breathing during sleep or people suffering from Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease. You can buy bipap machine in lucknow
    and other parts of country through different dealers and sellers across the country.
    Please contact for more details:
    http://bipapmachines.in
    mob: 8400600800

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was diagnosed with COPD with 55-60% lung capacity. and Hiv, My doctor just said all the crying , stomping your feet will not change it so just accept it and basically patted me on the back and sent me home to die. I was devastated and was afraid to do anything. I stopped riding my bike, I was afraid to do anything that would cause any exertion. It consumed my thoughts with every breath and the fear of what to expect was almost more than I could deal with. So I couldn't get myself all time I decided to find a herbal cure online and I came across Doctor Itua on how he cure several people suffering from Hiv, and Herpes I gave him a call on this Number +2348149277967 also chat on whatsapp he gave me all the details about the cure i paid him for the medicine after 5 working days i receive my herbal medicine ,I use it for two weeks that is how I get Cured and today I'm living healthy and  fine I give him thanks also promise him to testify about his work,He Can also cure the following diseases..Copd,Herpes,Alzheimer's disease,carcinoma.Asthma,Allergic diseases.Parkinson's ,Epilepsy,Cancer,Fibromyalgia,Hiv,Hepatitis,diabetes,Coeliac disease,Infertility, Asthma.Contact...drituaherbalcenter@gmail.com..Whatsapp Number...+2348149277976

    ReplyDelete